Canada boasts a wide range of quality educational institutions for both degrees and diplomas in technical and professional disciplines. Over 1,300,000 international students attend Canadian colleges and universities. Canada holds high international reputation for educational standard. The cost of living in Canada is lower than countries like Australia, England or the United States. Canada also offers post study work options to the eligible applicants.
Depending on the level of education you want to study. Institutions can have different entry requirements, please
Contact us for details of each University requirements.
- Schools – Entry requirements vary between schools depending on the state or territory you will be
Studying in. Academic performance and ability is considered during the application process.
- College System – In most cases there are no entrance exams for VET institutions.
However, some courses may have specific pre-requisite subjects or work experience requirements.
- Higher Education Undergraduate – The entry requirements for undergraduate programmed are
still predominantly based on completed secondary education studies equivalent to Australia Senior High school level.
- Higher Education Postgraduate – As well as the satisfactory completion of at least one degree at undergraduate
Level, your institution may take research ability or relevant work experience into consideration.
Abbotsford School District
Cambrian College of Applied Art and Technology
Canadian College of English Language (CCEL)
Columbia International College
East Coast School of Languages (ECSL)
EC Language Centres
Emily Carr University of Art And Design
Fraser International College (FIC)
George Brown College
International College of Manitoba (ICM)
King George International College
Kings University College at Western University
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Mount Royal University
Ottawa-Carleton District School Board
Red River College
Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Science and Technology (SIAST)
St. Francis Xavier University
The High School at Vancouver Island University
Thompson Rivers University
Trinity Western University
University of Guelph
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
University of Prince Edward Island
University of Saskatchewan
University of Victoria – English Language Centre
University of Waterloo
Vancouver Island University
For admission to a Canadian Institution program, international applicants from non-English speaking backgrounds are expected to be proficient in English, as demonstrated by:
- Passing an approved test or
- Completing an Academic English program or
- Meeting an approved alternative requirement
The following English tests are accepted by Australian Institutions:
- IELTS – Academic
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – PT and iBT
- University of Cambridge – ESOL Examinations for the Certificate of Proficiency in English (CEP) or the Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
1. Vocational Education and Training (VET)
- Minimum of 5.5 overall in IELTS and minimum 5.0 in each subtest
- Minimum of 6.5 overall in IELTS with minimum 6.0 in each subtest. Some courses like Teaching and Nursing require higher scores of Minimum of 7.0 overall in IELTS with minimum of 6.5 in each subtest
3. Post Graduate
- Depending on the institution ,the minimum requirement is 7.0 overall in IELTS with minimum of 6.0 in each subtest.